Departments of District People’s Government and Municipal People’s Government:
“Three-year Action Plan (2020-2022) for Promoting Logistics Cost Reduction and Efficiency Boost in Wuhan” is hereby printed and distributed for careful organization and implementation upon research.
Wuhan Municipal People’s Government
November 27， 2020
Three-year Action Plan (2020-2022) for Promoting Logistics Cost Reduction and Efficiency Boost in Wuhan
The Plan is formulated in accordance with the actual conditions of Wuhan to implement the national and provincial work arrangements on promoting logistics cost reduction and efficiency boost thoroughly， accelerate the post-epidemic recovery and high-quality economic development.
I. General requirement
With the support of improving the capacity of logistics infrastructure and the guarantee of improving the policy support system， implement the concept of new development， accelerate integration into the pattern of new development， highlight the main line of “reducing costs and boosting efficiency”， put forth effort into the cultivation and expansion of market entities， promote the high-quality development of logistics industry， promote the construction of national logistics center， accelerate the construction of national central city for Wuhan， and provide a strong guarantee for building an important center of a “dual circulation” development pattern.
II. Major objective
Establish a networked， professional， intensive， and intelligent modern logistics service system basically ， contend to make the ratio of total social logistics cost to GDP by about 2 percentage points lower than the national average， and continue to maintain the cost advantage of taking the lead in inland and leading the country by 2022.
Accelerate the implementation of the “Dual Hub” strategy for aviation.Build a major international aviation channel of “35+15+30” (35 business routes， 15 cargo routes， 30 cultural and travel routes)， develop 50 domestic all-cargo carrier routes， and accelerate the formation of hub-and-spoke aviation network system that covers the whole country and the world.
Speed up the construction of large land-ocean transport channel in central China.Construct “8+6” international direct multimodal transport channels， build 6 international trunk railway channels to foreign junction cities (Duisburg/Hamburg of Germany， Dourges of France， Poznan of Poland， Moscow of Russia， Alma-Ata of Kazakhstan， Vilnius of Lithuania) and two river-sea direct transport channels to Japan and the Republic of Korea， 4 rail-sea multimodal transport channels through Dalian， Shanghai， Ningbo， Guangzhou and other coastal cities， and 2 river-sea multimodal transport channels through Shanghai to Taiwan and the ASEAN region， and further improve the central land-sea multimodal transport channel.
Complete a three-level urban distribution network basically.Complete more than 8 public distribution centers， build or transform more than 300000 tons of multi-functional public service refrigeration storage， add more than 500 standardized refrigerated trucks， more than 3000 new energy logistics distribution vehicles， more than 4000 sets of intelligent express mailboxes， and build more than 1500 village express branches， improve the three-level urban distribution network supported by “distribution center - public distribution center - terminal distribution branch”.
Enhance the overall strength of logistics enterprises significantly.Introduce more than 5 headquarters and second headquarters of logistics enterprises， cultivate more than 30 3A-level logistics enterprises (including 5 5A-level logistics enterprises)， and create more than 10 supply chain collaboration platforms with industrial and market advantages.
III. Key task
(I)Put forth effort into perfecting the network of logistics infrastructure.
1. Give priority to develop “Double Hub” air cargo network. Promote the expansion projects of Wuhan Tianhe International Airport， including the reconstruction of the third runway and T2 terminal， and speed up the construction of aviation logistics service center and other projects;exert to promote the operation cooperation and docking between Wuhan Tianhe International Airport and Ezhou Huahu Airport， accelerate the construction of international and regional airline network， cooperate to build a domestic all-cargo carrier route network， consolidate the position of Wuhan Tianhe International Airport as an international gateway hub in central China， and promote Ezhou Huahu Airport to build a first-class air freight hub.
2. Break through the development of multimodal transport network supported by “Two Corridors (“Kunming - Laojie - Hanoi - Haiphong – Guangning” and “Nanning - Langshan - Hanoi - Haiphong – Guangning”)”.Accelerate the completion of the short boards of the facilities for intermodal transport， transfer and connection， and promote high-speed railways and subways into airports， and railways into port areas and logistics parks;quicken the construction of railways and highways for port distribution， including Yangluo Port and Hannan Port， as well as the construction of fast track between Wuhan Tianhe International Ezhou Huahu Airport; expedite the construction of national multimodal transport demonstration project， consolidate and enhance the capacity of multimodal transport corridor in northern Wuhan; promote the construction of phase II project of container water-rail multimodal transport in Yangluo Port， and accelerate the formation of new shipping pattern of river-sea multimodal transport， water-rail multimodal transport， water-water direct transport and transport along the river in passing; step up planning for the layout of multimodal transport corridors in southern Wuhan.
3. Consolidate and develop the “Two-wheel Drive” waterway shipping network. Coordinate and advance the “645” renovation project of the Yangtze River waterway and the third-phase reconstruction project of Hanjiang waterway， promote the first-phase follow-up project of the third operation area of Yangluo Port， and improve the construction of the container operation area of Hannan Port; boost the construction of port-type national logistics hub;expedite the development of 1000-box direct river-sea fleet and the 500 TEU direct fleet;adhere to the “Two-wheel Drive” of direct and transshipment; consolidate， improve the service level of river-sea multimodal transport， expand the near-sea direct routes from Wuhan to East Asia and Southeast Asia， increase the container throughput of Wuhan Port to 3 million TEUs， and build Wuhan Port into a hub port in central China.
4. Promote the development of the “One Ring and Eight Directions” railway transport network.Promote the construction of major high-speed railway projects along the Yangtze River， continue to build the second phase of Xin’gang Jiangbei Railway， promote the construction of the outer-ring road of Wuhan Railway， and accelerate the formation of “One Ring and Eight Directions” fast railway transport network from Wuhan to Zhengzhou， Chongqing， Xi’an and other cities;accelerate the deployment of “1+2+3” of three-level railway logistics base nodes in Wujiashan and Shekou， Dahualing， Yangluo， South Optics Valley， Changfu; penalize the potential of railway transport， expand “Daily Shifts” fast transport and transport trains along the river; exploit the location advantages of the hub to full， build a central concentrating center for China-Europe trains， and improve the international access capacity of Wuhan.
5. Improve the development of “6-ring and 24-irradiation” road transport network.Quicken the construction of Wuhan-Dawu， Wuhan-Yangxin， Qiaokou-Xiaogan Phase II highways and other projects， and promote the construction of major passages in urban circle channel and Wuhan-Tianmen Highway;consummate the “Last Kilometer” collecting and distributing system of airports， ports， and railway stations， and promote the interconnection of facilities;coordinate the layout and construction of five types of national logistics hubs in Wuhan， including port， land port， airport， production service， and business service， and promote the construction of national and provincial demonstration logistics parks;develop swap trailer transport， truck flights and other organization methods of transportation， improve regional transfer and distribution capabilities， and accelerate the formation of a road transportation service network that serves the central China and radiates across China.
6. Improve the development of urban distribution network of “Three-level Nodes”. Improve the urban three-level distribution network supported by intercity transfer and distribution center， urban public distribution station and community terminal distribution facilities based on the principle of “primary node focuses on radiation， secondary node focuses on connection and tertiary node focuses on coverage”; encourage local trade circulation enterprises to integrate existing facilities and resources， accelerate the transformation and construction of public distribution centers， and promote the opening and sharing of facilities;encourage social capital to transform smart distribution facilities in old communities， and incorporate the intelligent distribution facilities of the newly built communities into the supporting plan for the construction of public facilities;continue to promote the projects of “postal service in township” and “Express Delivery into Village”， and improve the coverage of express branches in administrative villages.
(II) Improve the scale and intensification level of logistics enterprises continuously
1. Cultivate and introduce “Head Enterprises” of logistics industry.Aim at the “top 500 in five types” and the top 100 global logistics enterprises， introduce international and domestic logistics leading enterprises such as DHL， Cainiao Network and JD Logistics to set up regional headquarters or functional headquarters in Wuhan; support central enterprises such as China Cosco Shipping Corporation Limited and Dongfeng Motor Corporation to set up logistics headquarters in Wuhan， and support the settlement and operation of Changjiang Railway;guide local leading enterprises such as Wuhan Port and Shipping Development Group and Wuhan Business Group to integrate core resources， cooperate with domestic and international well-known logistics enterprise alliances， transform to comprehensive logistics service providers， and form a group of modern logistics enterprises with core competitiveness.
2. Improve the development level of modern supply chain.Expedite the establishment of national supply chain innovation and application demonstration city， improve the supply chain system of key industries in Wuhan， focus on key fields such as manufacturing and trade circulation， cultivate a group of national supply chain innovation and application demonstration enterprises， and create a number of coordination platforms of industrial supply chain;support leading enterprises， including Dongfeng Logistics and Anji Logistics， integrate the logistics needs of automobile and parts， and provide comprehensive logistics service solutions for main engine plants;support large pharmaceutical circulation enterprises such as China Meheco Group， Jointown Pharmaceutical Group and Humanwell Healthcare to expand the scale of logistics industry and boost the development of comprehensive health and pharmaceutical industry.
3. Develop characteristic logistics vigorously.Refill the short slab of urban and rural cold-chain logistics， support the construction of national backbone cold-chain logistics base， and guide enterprises to expand the capacity of refrigerated trucks; develop cross-border e-commerce logistics vigorously， strengthen the business linkage among the three comprehensive bonded zones of Wuhan Economic Development Zone， Donghu and Xin’gang Airport， and improve the layout of cross-border e-commerce warehousing and logistics centers and supervise the places; develop high-speed rail express and logistics， deepen cooperation between railway and express enterprises， and promote express services such as “Bolt Delivery” and “Same-Day Delivery”;guide the development of exhibition logistics， encourage local enterprises to cooperate with leading enterprises at home and abroad， and create professional service brands.
4. Accelerate the development of smart logistics.Integrate digital， networked， intelligent and development opportunities， build three platforms of logistics public information， urban distribution and supply chain coordination， build four types of terminals of intelligent transportation hub， digital logistics park， intelligent warehousing centralized distribution center and intelligent express mailbox， promote the sharing and opening of logistics public data， reduce logistics information costs， and intelligent level of warehousing， transportation， distribution and other logistics links;encourage the innovation of logistics service mode and promote the standardized development of new modes and formats， such as network freight， shared cloud warehouse and time-sharing distribution.
Perfect the emergency logistics system. Improve the emergency logistics support plan， establish a list of key enterprises for emergency logistics support， transform and build logistics bases for daily service and emergency response， and reserve transportation， storage， distribution and other logistics capabilities; accelerate the construction of central China regional center of the national regional emergency rescue center， central China regional emergency supplies supply chain center and emergency logistics hub， improve the function of aviation rescue facilities in Caidian General Aviation Industrial Park， and improve the regional emergency support capacity.
(III)Establish and improve the policy support system of logistics industry
1. Optimize the layout of logistics space. Prepare a high-quality “14th Five-Year” logistics development and plan， revise the special planning of logistics space (2020-2035) based on the modern industrial distribution and urban spatial pattern of the city，strengthen the construction of logistics infrastructure in the south of the lower reaches of the Yangtze river， optimize the layout of “One Port， Six Parks and Eight Centers”， improve the development system architecture of logistics industry of “Logistics Headquarters + Integrated Logistics Park + Professional Logistics Center + Distribution Center”， promote the close connection between logistics facilities and regional industries and enhance the supporting service functions of the industrial park.
2. Guarantee the land demand for logistics projects.Implement the project land forecast and pre-arrangement system， and ensure the annual land use plan and supply plan by giving priority for major logistics infrastructure such as national logistics hub， special railway line， cold-chain logistics and key logistics projects at the municipal level， and implement “point supply” and municipal-level subsidies for especially major projects;support the construction of logistics facilities with stock land， such as land allocated by railways;set performance appraisal indicators for logistics land， and not increase the land price of land for improving the utilization rate and floor area ratio of self-owned industrial land or storage land and for the construction of logistics facilities such as storage， distribution and transport on the premise of conforming to the plan and without changing the use.
3. Optimize the management of the passage and parking of urban distribution vehicles.Manage urban distribution vehicles and ordinary transport vehicles in a classified manner， and treat vehicles that transport fresh food and medicines as urban public transportation to ensure the round-the-clock passage;promote， apply new energy logistics vehicles， and relax vehicle traffic control; manage urban distribution vehicles dynamically and incorporate into the monitoring platform with unified identification， and unified integration to improve the efficiency of loading and transportation of distribution vehicles;set up facilities related to the parking， loading and unloading of urban distribution vehicles， in conditions permitting， delineate time-limited parking spaces around supermarkets and communities， and implement time-sharing management.
4. Enhance the function and service level of the port.Accelerate the construction of Wuhan Tianhe International Airport Bonded Logistics Center (type B)， coordinate the layout and construction of designated ports of entry for railways， ports and airports， and promote the implementation and operation of “Urban Freight Station” project in Optics Valley;promote and apply the “Single Window” of international trade and promote the docking of cross-border e-commerce public service platforms and e-ports with the single window;explore the early declaration system for import and export goods， establish a fault-tolerant mechanism for early declaration， implement “Early Declaration” and the parallel operation of “Customs Clearance + Logistics”， realize the paperless process of port operation and improve the quality of port customs clearance.
5. Increase the investment of financial funds.Make best use of policies of the central government to support the development of Hubei， strive for investment in the central budget and special funds actively， support and promote the construction of major functional and basic transportation and logistics projects;focus on the construction of major international logistics channels such as aviation routes and China-Europe trains， improve overall coordination and linkage mechanism of multi-party input， policy combination and coordinated support by provinces and urban areas， and promote the sustainable and healthy development of channel construction; give full play to the guiding role of municipal-level logistics special funds， make use of existing rewards and subsidies policies， such as A-level logistics enterprises， refrigeration storage facilities， and new energy logistics vehicles， and adjust the scope and standards of rewards and subsidies timely to promote logistics enterprises to become bigger and stronger.
6. Reduce the cost of logistics taxes and fees effectively.Implement the list， publicity standards and systems of operating charging items of enterprises involving ports， airports， and railways， reduce some government-priced port charging， and reduce the conventional charges for the import and export of a single container to less than USD 400;implement the policy of halving the use tax for bulk commodity storage land and urban land; promote differentiated charging on expressways and deepen the reform of electronic non-stop fast charging to reduce the cost of expressway traffic;explore and promote the “301 Model” of “3-minute loan application， 0 manual intervention， and 1-second loan issuance” in financial loans， increase the speed of loan approval， and ease the financial pressure of micro， small and medium-sized logistics enterprises.
IV. Supporting measure
(I) Improve ideological understanding.Each district and department must attach great importance， establish the concept of “The Whole City Works Together”， seize opportunities for future development， enhance the sense of responsibility and urgency continuously， and incorporate the promotion of logistics cost reduction and efficiency boost into the “14th Five-Year Plan” of the department and the region for promoting and implementing.
(II)Strengthen the coordination mechanism.Give full play to the functional role of Municipal Leading Group for Development of Modern Logistics Industry， establish and improve the cross-industry， cross-department， cross-regional planning and coordination mechanism， strengthen the policy coordination and work coordination among department to coordinate and solve the outstanding problems in logistics operation， and promote the effectiveness of logistics cost reduction.
(III) Refine the division of responsibilities.The leading organizations must promote key tasks (attached) comprehensively， and refine the work plan， clarify the division， strengthen coordination and cooperation with relevant responsible organizations to work together. Responsible organizations must clarify the specific work， clarify the time schedule， strengthen measures， and ensure that all work can be completed on time and in good quality.
(IV)Strengthen assessment and supervision.Organize and carry out logistics cost reduction and efficiency boost， promote assessment and evaluation， incorporate implementation into the key tasks of the business environment of all districts and municipalities， strengthen target assessment and follow-up supervision， report progress， research and analysis regularly， and strive for effective measures to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
(V)Improve the monitoring system.Improve the logistics statistical system， and strengthen the daily statistics， operation monitoring and comprehensive evaluation of logistics costs; strengthen the procurement services of the government， enrich the research on freight rate indexes， monitor logistics operation and guide market expectations reasonably.